Dear Mom and Dad,
Happy 20 year anniversary! In honor of celebrating you two and the 20 years you’ve been together I have put together a little something. I want you both to know how much we kids love you and appreciate you and how happy we are that we get to call you our parents. And so Daniel, Emily, Katelyn and I have come up with a list of 20 reasons we love you two.
20 reasons we love our parents:
1. You love each other and remind each other of that often.
2. You both love God and have raised us kids to love Him as well.
3. You are supportive to all of us kids.
4. You are supportive of our dreams (being a teacher, pro soccer player, artist, writer, lawyer, etc.).
5. You give us freedom to “adult” but are also there to catch us when we fall.
6. You both work hard to keep us attending a private school with a roof over our heads and plenty of food to eat.
7. You teach us to use common sense and think of others.
8. You both are willing and want to have lunch dates with us.
9. From young ages, you’ve taught us that the little things matter the most. Whether that be helping someone out by helping pick up after them, being generous with your time and money, etc. People remember when you were there to love them.
10. Whenever we have something on our minds, you give us your full attention and listen to what we have to say and then give great advice.
11. You are passionate about giving us the best life possible, sacrificing what you want to do so that we can live our dreams.
12. You let us play the sports we want to.
13. You will let us do the stuff we want to do and you will be right next to us, doing it as well.
14. You make sure we put our money in the bank instead of spending it all.
15. You don’t force us to do stuff we don’t want to. (e.g. extra sports, bad jobs, etc.) Unfortunately, this doesn’t apply to chores around the house.
16. Teach us to put ourselves out of our comfort zones.
17. You have set an example that isn’t otherwise there for us in the world.
18. You kinda keep us alive.
A/N: I know #18 seems super obvious but through times where we may not have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, you were there to show us there was still reason to keep going. And I believe we all are forever grateful for that.
19. You keep us guessing so we learn more. In other words, you don’t hand everything to us on a silver platter.
20. You continually push us to grow in whatever we do.
I hope you both know how much we all love you. We will never forget the amazing things you have taught us and we will pass it on to our children (WAAYYYYYY in the future, when the time comes).
And now, we also have some friends and family that wanted to wish you both a happy anniversary:
When I think of Joy and Aaron I think of Godly commitment. I know through the curve balls life has thrown at them they have overcome mountains. In the midst of life they have accomplished the creation of an amazing family and mirror Gods image for marriage! They inspire me to be better and strive for more.
I was there at their wedding, so I saw the beginning of a wonderful marriage. Through the years I have seen a great couple that raised a wonderful family. Want to wish them a most happy and wonderful anniversary. Many many more to come. God bless.
Joy and Aaron-The days in our lives go by so quickly. Because of great people like the two of you it makes my heart smile because you make the world a better place by being amazing examples of what a family is all about. You two make an amazing couple.
I am so proud of the both of you and what you’ve achieved in your years together. You’ve done an amazing job as parents and it shows through your children.
Life is very hard but because of your love for one another and your faith you will always prevail. Love you with all my heart
❤️ Aunt Ellen
Joy and Aaron, you both have played such and important roles in my life, I am so thankful for both of you, thank you for everything you have done for me and my family! Happy 20th Anniversary! Love you both!
Joy and Aaron,
I am so thankful to have you guys in my life. You guys have been there for me basically my entire life. Thank you for the advice and wisdom through the years. I am also thankful for the times you have helped me and my family. It is a huge blessing be a part of your lives and your kids lives. I love you guys and hope you have a wonderful anniversary!
Congratulations Aaron and Joy on 20 years of wedded bliss (or something like that)! I can still remember sitting in computer lab class with Joy when she was first dating Aaron. She used to say “I think he is muy guapo.” We were all just young kids then! Now you both have a lovely family and are awesome parents! Here’s to another 20 more!
Sarah and Kevin Jensen
Five, ten, fifteen twenty….. Another milestone to celebrate.
I have watched as each one passed. Each year your family growing, changing. It is hard to believe the two of you are celebrating 20 years married!
Those 20 years have not only changed your lives but the lives of two extended families. Amazing changes:
Four blessings from God! Each one enriching our lives and filling your lives to the brim!
At this point you want to say, “Slow down. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up!” I know. As your parents we silently wanted the same thing. All the while we, and now you, are slowly letting go — teaching, training, loving them through the milestones and each bump, twist and turn in the road. I am so thankful you have chosen a faithful navigator — the Lord Jesus Christ and your Heavenly Father Who is faithful and true — no better guide through your journey.
I can’t tell you how proud I am of you and how thankful I am to share your life. As you navigate the next 20 years or more, as God allows, you will always be in my prayers and in my heart.
Written with much love, MOM
Mom and dad,
We love you both a lot and I wish I could have done more to show you how much you mean, but maybe someday I will be able to do that.
I love you! Happy anniversary!!!
Until next time,