#LondonLove : A Recap of Europe Adventures (Part 2)

Hi lovelies!  Here is the continuation of my stories that I started in #LondonLove: A Recap of Europe Adventures (Part 1).  I know this isn’t the most personal way to be able to tell stories to all of my friends and family.  However, at least you all get to hear some of the stories, right?

Here goes nothing.  It’s story time again.  🙂

May 30, 2016

The next day, on May 30th, 2016, we got up bright and early to go and see “The Making of Harry Potter”.  We got driven to Victoria Station via bus and were then taken to Warner Brothers Studios.  It was SO cool to see the sets that the cast filmed on and get to walk on them ourselves.

We got to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff as well which was cool to read about.  While we were there we also got to make a movie of me riding a broom like they did in the movies.  That was a lot of fun!  Admittedly, I am not the biggest Harry Potter fan.  I have watched most of the movies, and have read some of the books but, never made it all the way through.  Although, this was still amazing to see what I did know about Harry Potter being brought to life.  Unfortunately, we couldn’t take pictures in some of the places, so these are the best ones I have. At least it is a little something though.

In front of the cupboard under the stairs.

The cupboard under the stairs.

Eventually Harry will find out he was accepted to Hogwarts…

Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

Primping in front of Mirror of Erised

Inside of the Great Hall

Great Hall

The Sorting Hat: “Hmm.. Ravenclaw!”

Standing in front of Hagrid and Argus Filch.

Behind the scenes

Hair and Makeup 🙂

Gryffindor dorm room

Gryffindor Dorm Room

We were sort of rushed out of the studio because we had to make it back to our bus so we could go to our show later that night.  Before we left, I made sure that I picked up souvenirs for all my siblings.

Once we were dropped off in Victoria, we had a hard time trying to find the entrance to the underground.  (There was a lot of construction around it, ok?) It took us asking quite a few people and walking through a lot of construction to get there (I told you), but we did finally get there.  Of course, at this time, Grammer lost her oyster card.  The oyster card is your ticket to get on the tube basically.  She must have looked for almost 20 minutes before she finally gave in and just used mine.

When we made it back to our hotel, Grammer found her oyster card.  Guess where she hid it?  The book she was reading.  🙂  I would laugh that she lost her card and then found it somewhere so obviously her, but I can’t say I didn’t lose mine at least once too.  We then got changed and headed back out to Victoria for a night of amazing food and great shows.  If I were to live in London, I think I would like working in Victoria.  It’s more of an upscale place but, Wagamama’s and Nando’s was there.  Both amazing places to eat, but we’ll get to those in the story a little later.

Well, actually, we will talk about Wagamama’s right now because this is the time we first tried the food there.  Let me start off with, the food there? AMAZING.  It is kind of an Asian food kinda thing?  I don’t know how to describe it exactly, but they served very Thai dishes if I remember the description correctly.  But, the sign that it is a very good restaurant?  Grammer liked the food!  (She’s a very picky eater if you didn’t know.)

At Wagamama’s before our show.

Outside of the Apollo Victoria before getting to see Wicked.

After dinner, we went to our first show of the week.  We went to see Wicked and it was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen!  I loved the show so much!  I didn’t really know the entire story before going in, but, I fell in love with the character’s immediately and bought a CD of the original cast singing the songs.  I am so excited to listen to it on repeat now!

After the show, we were going to go get dessert somewhere but everywhere we passed was already closed.  It was 10:30 on a Monday night though so I guess that makes sense.

When we got back to our hotel we Facetimed family with the crappy wifi the hotel had.  We had some hot chocolate and tea and then went to bed so that we could get going on a brand new day in the morning.

Well, that was all for Monday.  It was a fun-filled day that I still have a hard time believing actually happened.  The entire London trip just seemed so surreal while I was there and I definitely miss it now that I’m home.  Don’t get me wrong, I missed my family and friends a ton, but there is something special about London, and I would love to be able to go back as soon as possible.

Until next time my friends,



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: